Health Tips & Info
Finding Time for You!
Setting aside enough time for exercise can be tough. Here are a few tips to make it more convenient for you.
Make the most of your time at home:
- Wake up 30 minutes earlier than you normally do
- Take walks with your family, throw the ball, ride your bikes
Make it an escape:
- Try a local dance club, hiking group or golf league
- Sign up for a spinning, kickboxing or sculpting class at a gym
Work out at work:
- Take the stairs when you can
- Start a lunchtime walking group with your co-workers
Shopping Strategies for Healthy Foods
To eat healthy foods, you don't have to drastically change the way you shop. But these steps will help ensure you have the right foods to eat healthy!
Step 1: Make a list
A list will make your shopping trip more efficient and help you avoid impulse purchases.
Step 2: Shop the perimeter of the store for fresh foods
Typically the fresh produce section, meat & seafood departments, and dairy case are located on the perimeter of your grocery store--that's where to concentrate your shopping.
Step 3: Read food labels
Each label contains information pertaining to serving size, calories, nutrients and Daily Values. This information can inform you about foods that are healthy, and warn you of those that aren't!