If you are thinking about volunteering your time and talents, think about Thomas Hospital. The Volunteer Services Department offers a wide variety of rewarding experiences for individuals in our community. We are fortunate to already have a dedicated group of volunteers who each brings a unique background and individual experience to
our organization. However, we feel that there may be others who share the same desire to serve.
The success of any hospital is dependent on the compassion,caring and dedication of its volunteers and becoming a
volunteer can be a highly rewarding experience. Your talents and skills will complement our professional staff, which in turn will help make the patients' stay a more pleasant experience. We will also provide you with the opportunity to gain new skills in areas of interest to you.
A hospital setting offers rich opportunities to serve and to make a difference in someone else's life. The Volunteer Services Department at Thomas Hospital would like to extend an invitation to you to join us. No experience is necessary,training will be provided by designated hospital and volunteer staff. Please call 304-766-3787/3788 to explore the opportunities.
Important Points To Consider:
All Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age to enter the program. Students, age 14 through 17, may qualify for student volunteer opportunities, scheduled during the summer.
• The minimum requirement for volunteering is four (4) hours a week.
• The hospital requires that all volunteers have recent TB test (our employee health nurse will administer at no cost to you)
1) Complete an application either on line or by calling the Volunteer Services Department at 304-766-3787/3788.
2) Complete form giving the hospital permission to perform a criminal background check.
3) Schedule an interview with the Director of Volunteer Services.
4) Attend an orientation and training session.
At the orientation, you will learn in detail about the requirements for volunteering, the history and mission statement of Thomas Memorial Hospital, policies and procedures including infection control, safety and confidentiality.
Additionally, we will discuss the opportunties that we have available in the Thomas Hospital volunteer program.
Apply Online Now